UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Back with a M900 series I

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-11-2015, 08:02 PM   #11
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Seat arrived from Italy and really is a brand new old one. I will keep the other and repair neatly the small defects by unstapling it and bonding some weave on the back. I will try and scoop some from the pillion area but not much and then glue the cover down and restaple as a pillion only seat.

After giving up with the seller of the other seat and mirrors on here I have a very nice pair coming from USA again and very little corrosion on the olive green plating parts and work out at £20 each inc post.

Don't buy the ones on Ebay that show an image of what looks like OEM because they are NOT. Don't get me wrong they look ok as a mirror but not like the original and I gave them poor feedback for portraying the OEM image to sell.

Starter motor is painted again keeping the original sticker by carefully masking. The top nut and lock nut will be replaced with a shiney plated ones. The 2 long bolts are on there way to platers along with lots more from the engine casings which have temporarily been replaced with stainless.

After much cleaning off the paint and think powdercoat from the camshaft end covers they are repainted black and look good now. Lettering all cleared out nicely.

Last edited by Albie; 17-11-2015 at 08:04 PM..
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote