UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello from Nottingham!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
Nottsbiker

Thumbs up Hello from Nottingham!

Hi All,

Just a few words to introduce myself and explain why I've signed up to this forum.

Previously I have owned a 996, been to the factory for a tour round and now have an early Aprilia Tuono.

Earlier this week I contacted a mate for a front tyre for the Tuono and was asked if I fancied a project...........anyways I'm off to have a look over the 'bike' this weekend!

Cutting a long story short, he's got a 900 Monster in bits that he wants £600 for and will let me pay him in small installments Hardest part will be explaining the purchase to the boss as we are about to spend big money on a new (very necesary) kitchen...

After I've paid him off I'm looking at starting on the Monster over the summer and doing it 'as and when' as money will be in short supply. Thinking red frame / bodywork, no fairing or bellypan, heat wrapped exhausts and shortened cans. Basically a less is more policy and a few upgrades like fatbars etc.

Cheers - Ben