UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Paint scheme theft.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-10-2010, 03:43 PM   #1
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Paint scheme theft.

I'm in a bit of a quandry.
From day one I've been planning to change the paint on my M750. It currently sports a GSE racing Bayliss tribute scheme by Dream Machine, and really looks rather nice, but the bright orange is a bit brash for me.
This is my first Ducati, I've had it 4yrs and I'm NEVER going to part with it.
I've always fancied a tricolore scheme, and have come up with a number of possible designs. A recurring theme has been an Ago rep type scheme, particlarly since my frame and wheels are already gold.
Then I saw a post by Hellcat a few months ago about single seats, which included a pic of possibly the most beautiful motorcycle I have ever seen....a tricolore of exquisite simplicity, no paint anywhere much, other than tricolore tank and red frame. Apparently this bike was spotted at the Belgium MOB gathering, maybe last year...?
Now, the last thing I want to do is nick somebodies original design, at least not without permission to scupper their originality. Then again, I suppose mimicry would perhaps be the ultimate flattery, and many other features on my bike would be different, eg gold frame & wheels, double sided swinger. high level cans, belly pan, dual seat with cowl, screen etc.
I've considered changing the tank paint slightly, possibly maroon or brown instead of the red, but after months of pondering I still can't get that original tricolore out of my head.
So, does anyone know the owner of this machine and can they put me in touch so I can ask permission ?
Failing that, what's the concensus on paint scheme theft ( done with humility, and for a very good cause) ?
utopia is online now   Reply With Quote