UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Advice Needed: mechanic Cracked my Clocks

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-05-2009, 04:01 PM   #1
Funkatronic
another year another bike

Bike: S2r 1000
Advice Needed: mechanic Cracked my Clocks

Dear all

in a bit of situation i could use some advice

i recently had my bike front end upgraded and dynoed by a reputable mechanic who i dont not want to name at present as i know he is used and well liked by a number of members here and to be fair the other work he did on my bike im very happy with.

problem is while my bike was is his care a crack has materialized in my tacho clock. I pointed this out immediately to 2 members of staff when i went to collect the bike and was told a part would need to be ordered and they would call me to arrange a time for me to bring the bike back (its quite a journey for me to his workshop).

I had not heard any thing back from him so have had to chase him. Now he is refusing to fix this issue and is claiming that after a chat with Ducati the crack is down to wear and tear as the clocks can spontaneously break if the bike is left in the sun.

i know that the clocks are not exactly brilliant but this sounds like a load of old bull to me and i'm planning to call my solicitor first thing but wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on what my rights and or recouse are in this situation.

Ideally i don't want to go down the legal route but i preperared to if thats the only way to get this resolved

thanks in advance

ali

Last edited by Funkatronic; 26-05-2009 at 04:51 PM..
Funkatronic is offline   Reply With Quote