UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Electrics » Starting the Duchess – 620ie wont start first time

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-11-2008, 10:52 PM   #1
sneakyt

Question Starting the Duchess – 620ie wont start first time

It was thanks to UMOC I finally decided to do my test and pick up a M620 Dark which over the last three months has been AWESOME.

Small children, old timers and more importantly young flussies take interest at the lights and even received a few complements from ‘other’ bike riders.

I have had very little problems despite riding everyday in London’s horrendous weather but I am now having an issue with starting it.

I turn the key, everything lights up, needles move while there is the standard noise from the under the tank. (out of interest, what is that?) All normal at this stage.

After, the only light left on is the engine light. Nothing happens when I press the ignition button. Frustrating!!! I turn the key to off and try again… same thing.

I come back to it 5 minutes later and the engine light is no longer on and it starts immediately with no trouble. This is every time I go to use her.

I changed the battery about a month ago and it came out of the shop last week after I had the handle bars replaced as well as pads and tires. It started fine there – typical!

Has anyone had the same thing or do any of you Ducati Ninja’s know what this is?

Tags
620, engine light, ignition, starting problems