UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » had a big smile , now gone

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2008, 07:58 AM   #1
luvmaduke

Red face had a big smile , now gone

hello to all , after a few years off the bikes , i decided to get back (not quite a mid life crisis) on them. a couple of weeks later , i found myself the new owner of a matt black monster 600. the noise the envious looks i was a very happy bunny (these smilies are great). i live in ireland and have the only monster in my town , great to a certain point but very recognisible as well which is not always great if you catch my drift. all was going well , started to do the lottery again , (well i felt that lucky with the duke that i had to have a good chance) until yesterday . i went to start martha and she was dead as a dead thing i had been warned about the electrics when i bought her , but scoffed at my mate (R1 devotee) , now i can't even talk to him for fear of getting i told you so. So here i am cap in hand asking for help . the symptons , lights work (so am assuming the battery is ok) but push the ignition button and nothing , am getting a clicking from a relay under the seat when the side stand is put up and down , but can't hear anything when the go fast button is pushed. all fuses are ok. if anyone can offer some help to get martha back on the road , prayers shall be said. cheers k