UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Abroad and Ducati Insurance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2006, 09:24 PM   #17
sadbiker

Exclamation

Good answer, but when someone in front is suddenly going in its side, my concerns were more about hitting the other rider.

Maybe with your mind blowing suggestion it would be better if we all drove in cars then we could think of ourselves.

The words "You Pratt" spring to mind, but hopefully I have got you wrong ?

I may not have wanted to write off my bike, but at least the knowledge that we both walked away with no injuries other than severely dented pride helps to comfort that. I still wonder if there was any other course of action, maybe I should have carried on round and crossed my fingers, or better still maybe I shouldn’t have been on the road. At the time I wasn’t what I thought was close to be silly. The first I knew was when the other rider was locking up his wheels. By then I was probably catching up without realising and as I was tucking in ready for a beautiful right hand bend I had to make a quick decision, I just didn't want to take the risk of hitting someone else. I was unlucky with the field as I felt I could run the speed down on the field but hit a hidden dip which was enough to throw me.

To have ended up with only 2 options ad neither being the best, I am annoyed that it happened. Considering the hornet was a good bike, well maintained and bloody good brakes plus 4 years of good fun, it was heart wrenching to see it taken away the other week for dismantle. But I would still do the same thing again. I suspect most people on here would never want to run someone over.

The main point of the accident was to highlight the problems I then suffered due to the insurance company, which I think was needed as a few people go abroad and its better to know about any issues before you go.