UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » For Sale » swap Termignoni Vs ZARD s2r

Old 02-01-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
seby

swap Termignoni Vs ZARD s2r

my my bike with Termignoni on (as new)

Zard
Old 02-01-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
Seb_uk
Bronze Member

Bike: M695
Personally I think the Termi's look better - I like the stacked exhausts on S2R / S4R's. Never heard Zard's though so can't comment on sound difference!

Last edited by Seb_uk; 02-01-2009 at 12:39 PM..
Seb_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #3
LVC
The Loire Valley Monster

Bike: S4
I think the Zard's look really good - never liked the single sided pipes on a Monster - go for it

P.S. Love the colour coded wheelie bin - class

Last edited by LVC; 02-01-2009 at 01:09 PM..
LVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:48 PM   #4
geeman

Love the zards, I want some?
Old 02-01-2009, 04:09 PM   #5
Gilps

Those Termis just look wrong. I don't think they are the proper ones for an S2R are they?
Old 03-01-2009, 08:44 AM   #6
seby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilps View Post
Those Termis just look wrong. I don't think they are the proper ones for an S2R are they?
whats wrong on it?
Old 03-01-2009, 10:34 AM   #7
Gilps

The link pipes are all wrong. Can't you see the difference between yours and mine? My Termis have link pipes which follow the lines of the originals, plus the cans sit at the same position and angle as the standard cans. I'm guessing yours are from a different model and have been adapted to fit. Maybe they are the "one either side type".
Old 02-01-2009, 04:20 PM   #8
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
I have a set of the Zard's fitted to my S4R. Sound very loud once you get the baffles out but generally not quite as deep I think as the Termi sound, but louder.
I fitted them because I wanted to open up the look of the back wheel, not for any other reason.

Now, the problems,
1) You may have to buy a new manifold because the Zard's won't fit your current one I think, though you might be able to bolt them onto the Catalyst like the Termi ones (I have a straight trough system myself).
2) Because of the exhaust pipe crossing over to the other side it will melt your nice rear hugger, it did for mine and you can't protect it.
3) The final fit might be a bit hit and miss when you fit it to the frame. Won't be exactly straight, brackets might not fit perfectly etc.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 04:25 PM   #9
Panther

I see what your saying Gilps, I though the Termigoni should be higher with less of an angle.

Like on this S4R

I do like the Zards more

but if I had an S2R and the money I would go for QUAD-T (yer it's a S4R again)

Old 02-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #10
Gilps

These are the correct Termis for the S2R, although they have been shortened a bit.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:29 PM   #12
littlejimmy12

I have some Zards fitted to my S2R and as per previous replies I did it to open up the single swing arm, I think the swing arm is one of its best features and side by side just obscures it and breaks up the line of the bike. As for sound, once baffles are out be prepared to be deafened there silly loud.

Do like the quat d though, although I would paint it black.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my bike.jpg (29.4 KB, 80 views)
Old 04-01-2009, 08:31 AM   #13
seby

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejimmy12 View Post
I have some Zards fitted to my S2R and as per previous replies I did it to open up the single swing arm, I think the swing arm is one of its best features and side by side just obscures it and breaks up the line of the bike. As for sound, once baffles are out be prepared to be deafened there silly loud.

Do like the quat d though, although I would paint it black.
if u want to swap i have as well a brand new decat
Old 28-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #14
seby

still for swap!
termignoni 45+nocat as new condition
swap only with zard
Old 29-03-2009, 03:43 PM   #15
littlejimmy12

Zard every time, baffles out they sound incredible. I always thought one of the reaons fo rhaving a single swing is that it looks great so I never understood why Ducati then hid it with the stacked exhaust. It was the first thiung I did upon getting my S2R. I had a choice between a Quat D or the Zards but went for more conventional Zards. Seby if you want to check my bike out I could ride over some time and you can get a good idea what it looks like in the flesh and what is sounds like.