UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » S4 with 'boom tubes'

Old 11-06-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
littlejimmy12

S4 with 'boom tubes'

Just got my S4 back from the shop and wondered what you all think. I wantd to make the bike very industrial and raw. Hence its stripped pretty bare and exposed. The pipes are a little loud and after first ride today I think I;ll get pulled before long, if so I'll baffle them a little more.

The work that Nick Gale (NG CUSTOMS) has done is exceptional, the welds are incredible and the symetry of the work is awseome. I particularly like the end caps. Price wize they were not cheap when you consider its bacically a manifold!!!!

To go on in a week a pair of DP rearsets, enjoy your weekend peeps

LJ

if someone would turn them into pics on the thread as I am an idiot and STILL don't know how to do it!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0316.jpg (33.0 KB, 530 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0317.jpg (31.6 KB, 485 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0321.jpg (31.4 KB, 455 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0322.jpg (30.4 KB, 445 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0318.jpg (31.1 KB, 434 views)
Old 11-06-2010, 08:59 PM   #2
Panther

I'm guessing there similar volume to mine! I like it loud, and to rev it a bit sounds cool, but mine are just ott epically if your riding for more than 5 mins, it's like having your head in a drum!

The quality and curves of the exhausts look really good, also like the internal detail on the end.

Last edited by Panther; 11-06-2010 at 09:03 PM..
Old 11-06-2010, 09:04 PM   #3
littlejimmy12

yea the end caps are really nice, they did a gr8 job. But your right the noise is silly. I went past some cops today and had to close the clutch up. Its too loud for me, I like it loud but this is too much, I'll see how i go and then if its too much baffle it up more - Our bikes are looking v similar now !
Old 11-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #4
Panther

did NG CUSTOMS say they will be about to make baffles easily for them?

Is the colour of the topyoke and headlight and rad, a clue to what colour the bike might change to over the winter?

I'm surprised you left your tax disc on your bike and not put in in your wallet, that will help to clear up the lines

Last edited by Panther; 11-06-2010 at 09:13 PM..
Old 11-06-2010, 09:12 PM   #5
Panther

I guessing once the removable baffle has been made it can be modded to your desired volume. (increase the number of holes or change length?)
Old 11-06-2010, 09:16 PM   #6
littlejimmy12

Not that easy, but possible as they've left enough length in the end. There is actually a pair in there but they need to be more substantial. Over winter I want to get the headstock, rear spring, engine casings, bottom yoke and rad cooler black, fit a motogadget clock to get rid of the OEM unit so it flows more. I'm really not a fan of the stock clocks think there plastic and cheap. Then do something with the swing but I'm not too sure what. Rear end of the frame needs a bit of touching up as well. Considered painting the wheels black but I think I'd regret it. I'm happy with the front but the back needs tidying up.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #7
rac3r

It looks awesome! Especially the exhaust tips and keep the wheels red! Actually paint the rest of the bike black and keep the wheels red
Old 11-06-2010, 10:53 PM   #8
Qba

I agree with rac3r. Awesome bike... and will be even better.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:32 AM   #9
Panther

For me it's about black on black, or black with a cheeky bit of gold (where have I seen that before )

The monsters with a mat black tank looks sweet, very bad to the bone.

Anyway there are so many options, I look forward to seeing your results.

------------------------------------------------------

I think the stock clocks on the new monsters are an improvement over yours. motogadget clock are nice but a bit to pricey for me.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:45 AM   #10
littlejimmy12

black - cowel, tank, oil cooler, engine casings, swing arm, levers, lower clamp, wheels, spring and then gold Ohlin forks (££££!!!)

I think that would be the way to go, prob is the ohlins, there too expensive
Old 12-06-2010, 09:00 AM   #11
Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejimmy12 View Post
black - cowel, tank, oil cooler, engine casings, swing arm, levers, lower clamp, wheels, spring and then gold Ohlin forks (££££!!!)

I think that would be the way to go, prob is the ohlins, there too expensive
Was it hellcats other half who does anodizing???? I know you won't the performance of Ohlin, you could anodize your forks gold or black?
Looking on ebay, you might eventual get some ohlins for a good price, do they have to be for a monster, what about from an aprilia?

When ever I see a monster with gold forks, I get this little sound in my head saying I want, I want.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:48 AM   #12
big pete

Engineering art mate, lovely bit of work! (I dont know how to post pics either BTW)
Old 12-06-2010, 09:11 AM   #13
animaluk

looking good my man. Can't wait to hear it
Old 12-06-2010, 09:54 AM   #14
littlejimmy12

Quote:
Originally Posted by animaluk View Post
looking good my man. Can't wait to hear it
just stick your head out the window u should be able to hear it from your way !!!
Old 12-06-2010, 03:06 PM   #15
animaluk

lol My Chromo will hang its head in shame better get out the 996

Funny on the way home last night i was riding up whitehall and stopped at the lights two motobike cops pulled up i thought they where gonna pull me over about the exausts but they just opened the visors to tell me that my bike was awsome, I tell you it made a refreshing change

Last edited by animaluk; 12-06-2010 at 03:08 PM..