UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » For Sale » 750SS for sale

Old 17-08-2021, 06:11 PM   #1
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
750SSie for sale

I bought this 2 years ago for a major project which would have left it unrecognisable. I made sure I bought a goodun and laid it up straight away, cleaned it, drained the tank and removed the battery.
I've now decided not to go ahead with the project and the very standard bike is untouched, I've decided I need an ST2 to save the Monster from the winter crud.

Just recommissioned it with new Exactfit belts, new oil and filter, new Motobatt and a pair of Battlax 023's (Not my choice, but were highly recommended to me.)
I've been over it thoroughly and checked and cleaned everything I can.
Brake fluids have been changed and clutch will be soon.
I will also polish the levers.
Valves were checked when I first got it and found to be within limits, but I didn't record the numbers. Doh!.
MOT tomorrow or the day after if it's nice and dry. This will be a ride away bike.

2 black keys. No red key required. Nice and simple with no immobiliser. All paperwork present and correct.

Bodywork and frame paintwork is in very good condition and I have to look very hard to find any chips or scratches, certainly nothing that would show in a photo. Wheels however are missing some paint in places. The engine paint is above average for it's age but would still benefit from a re-paint of the covers, perhaps in something a bit brighter than grey? Some of the original fasteners have gone dull and could do with some Stainless and Titanium replacements to add a bit of sparkle.. As you do.

Seems to be bog standard except for an open airbox lid.

Year 2000 750SSie 21000 miles £2400 on here but going for more on eBay in a couple of days time.
Oh, and it's brimming with premium fuel and the fuel lightworks too! As does everything else.

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 17-08-2021 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: what reason do you need?
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2021, 08:10 PM   #2
Doggy

Bike: M796
That looks in great condition, good luck with the sale
Doggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2021, 08:19 PM   #3
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Thanks Doggy.
It's actually in much better nick than my y2k Monster was when I got it at that mileage 8 years ago.

I'll let you know what it rides like when I MOT it. I haven't ridden a 750SS since my first one 20 years ago and I thought I was too old for it then!
Old 17-08-2021, 10:47 PM   #4
Nasher

Bike: M900
Bet you won't want to sell it when you've ridden it!
Old 18-08-2021, 07:48 AM   #5
Dukedesmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post

The engine paint is above average for it's age but would still benefit from a re-paint of the covers, perhaps in something a bit brighter than grey?
Gold, perhaps?

Nice bike Gary, good luck with the sale.

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2021, 12:43 PM   #6
alan s4

Bike: S4 challenge
I didn't the looks when they 1st came out, a bit like the 999, they look better now! Looks far nicer without the lower fairing, stick on a set of high level cans and you would have a cracking bike.
alan s4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2021, 06:33 PM   #7
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
Bet you won't want to sell it when you've ridden it!
No, it's definitely going. It's not exactly going to look great with panniers.
ST2 will answer all my requirements and save me driving a car so much when the roads and weather are not so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukedesmo View Post
Gold, perhaps?

Nice bike Gary, good luck with the sale.
Nah! I'm not so fixated with Gold as you might think and there's already plenty of that on it, but anything has got to better than grey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan s4 View Post
I didn't the looks when they 1st came out, a bit like the 999, they look better now! Looks far nicer without the lower fairing, stick on a set of high level cans and you would have a cracking bike.
Me neither, but since I pulled the cover off and cleaned it up, it's grown on me. I particularly like the headlamp and it seems to have a good beam too, anything would be better than the lights on my first 750SS from a glowworm upwards!
This is such a higher spec bike than my first with three phase alternator and much more.. I've even checked and cleaned the alternator connector block . I think I must be bucking the trend as it seems the done thing to sell Ducatis with porcelain belts and rusty exhausts?
Old 19-08-2021, 12:50 PM   #8
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Well it got it's MOT today with no advisories.
In 16 miles it hardly even wore the writing off the tyre treads but did make the oil temp gauge move, so that's everything working as it should.

Acceleration is vivid with the speedo sweeping up very quickly to a crescendo coming out of the open airbox egging me on. The devil on my left shoulder shouting C'MON! in glee, while my guardian angel was just sighing FFS!
The tyres were a good choice and it feels well planted in a straight line, but turns in beautifully and holds a tight line round the bends, very sporty and precise.
Plenty of power and feel from the brakes as you'd expect but the levers would need adjusting to my fingers if I were to ride it again.

It's certainly a very competent motorcycle, I might even put the price up..
I did remember why I traded my first one in for an M900 though and it must be the complete polar opposite to an ST2, so good as it is, it's still for sale Simon.
Old 20-08-2021, 09:58 AM   #9
Nasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
it's still for sale Simon.
Ah, but for how long?
Especially if I tell you that I might know the whereabouts of another set of 900SL bodywork
Old 07-09-2021, 01:50 PM   #10
velosam

Bike: M1000ie
I'm glad I'm not closer with a couple of grand burning a hole in my pocket - it's a nice machine!
velosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 01:59 PM   #11
uncle duke

Bike: S2r 1000
I sold my Harley as a classified on fleabay & think it only cost £18.50 ? I was surprised thought it would be load more than that ..
uncle duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 03:26 PM   #12
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle duke View Post
I sold my Harley as a classified on fleabay & think it only cost £18.50 ? I was surprised thought it would be load more than that ..
The ad fee was only about £15, but I think they skim 10% off the sale price. They did when I sold a planer thicknesser recently and proper took the shine off the deal!
Old 07-09-2021, 04:35 PM   #13
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Most auction places seem to take 10% commission. I can see that with a proper auction that might be necessary but for an internet auction, costs very little compared to a live hosted auction by Bonhams/Barrett Jackson etc

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 07:08 PM   #14
uncle duke

Bike: S2r 1000
A classified in the 'motors' section is a flat rate of £19.99 & no final value fees..
uncle duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 06:57 AM   #15
Zimbo
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I have one of these in my shed as well, owned it 12 years, looks identical. It’s a high quality build and fantastic to ride, good power, always starts instantly, corners on rails. No difficult to maintain technology too!
Zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote