UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hi From Oxford

Old 07-03-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
steve of

Hi From Oxford

Hi all i`m steve from Oxford been on this site for a while now but said not hello..so hello..I have owned my M600 Monster dark 2000 since last may,didn`t get chance to ride much last year what with moving and stuff ....but have been getting the bike ready for this year changing the cam belts..plugs.. filter...resealing the side casings as both leaked oil...so should be ready for a good season`s riding.......one question though can anybody tell me what the measurment should be for top of the forks above the top yoke.....looks like the yoke is too low to me......Many Thanks,Steve
Old 07-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #2
rollo22

Bike: M1100evo
Hi and welcome Steve,
I am only up the road Moreton in Marsh.
If you fancy a run out next Sunday I will be going to Nelsons Diner for the breakfast/brunch meet and could meet up for the ride down.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
steve of

Hi rolo,nice to know thre are members close by...still need to do a few bits to the bike,front and rear tyre fit my new belly pan`when it`s ready from the painters`but would be great to attend a few of the events this year...Thanks for the offer.Steve
Old 13-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #4
DavidEJM

Hi Steve, good to have another member nearby.
Old 15-03-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
steve of

Hi Dave,where in Oxford are you...... i`m in Littlemore not far from H cafe in Berinsfield...Bike night every monday evening,begining at the end of the month..Should have the bike on the road for the end of the week....So roll on summer
Old 18-03-2011, 08:36 PM   #6
DavidEJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve of View Post
Hi Dave,where in Oxford are you...... i`m in Littlemore not far from H cafe in Berinsfield...Bike night every monday evening,begining at the end of the month..Should have the bike on the road for the end of the week....So roll on summer
Hi Steve

Not far from you, just in Wheatley.

Looks like we've got a good few new monsters around here now.

Last edited by DavidEJM; 18-03-2011 at 08:38 PM..
Old 18-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #7
steve of

Wheatley........Know it well,i used to live over Shotover way until last year,should try and have a bit of a ride out or meet up,,or perhaps the open day at On Yer Bike on the 16th and 17th April .......Looks good..Steve
Old 18-03-2011, 10:40 PM   #8
DavidEJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve of View Post
should try and have a bit of a ride out or meet up,,or perhaps the open day at On Yer Bike on the 16th and 17th April .......Looks good..Steve
Agreed.

Going to try to get to OnYerBike on the 17th. Maybe ride across together? I'll stick it in the diary or I'll forget!
Old 16-03-2011, 07:23 AM   #9
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Morning Steve Of and welcome to the club.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #10
j_d

Hi Steve,

I am in Oxford too, well Botley to be precise. New to Ducati's, but have an S4, now officially on the road - yup first ride was 2 hours ago!! More to do but the Monster lives! It off for some tank repairs and paint this w/e but after that .......

jd
Old 16-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #11
holty

Bike: M1100
I Steve,

I have a set of M600/750 Temis for sale. If you are interested send me a note.
holty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 09:20 PM   #12
steve of

Hi j.p and j.d, i`m new to monsters as well,didn`t get to ride much last year..but the more i ride the bike the more i like it,Botley is just a stone`s throw from me,good to know there are members close by,you should have your bike sorted just in time for the good weather..........................hopefully:thumbsu p:.Hi holty i already have a set of Termi`s on the bike but i`m sure someone will snap them up....Steve
Old 02-07-2011, 10:46 PM   #13
flash1605

Hi all, I am a fellow Oxonian ... I am in Abingdon. Not had my 696 for long, but loving her to bits - was at Mallory on Friday. If you are planning any ride outs I would love to tag along.

Any views on the best roads in the area for Monster fun - I regularly blast up and down the Wantage-Newbury B4494 and Wantage-Hungerford A338 ... also some good runs Abingdon to Thame and around North East of Oxford. What about Witney way?

Thx.

Andy
Old 03-07-2011, 09:44 AM   #14
woody71

I too am originally from Oxford ( born and bred ). But now living just up the road in Buckingham about a half hour ride away.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #15
flash1605

Hi Woody,

Very happy to try and meet up if you ever fancy a rideout with a fellow 696 pilot ... I have three young daughters, so my windows of opportunity aren't great ... but with a bit of notice I should be able to shoot over to Buckingham fairly quicky. :-)

Andy