UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » newbie without a monster

Old 18-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
amw

newbie without a monster

Hello all!

Haven't got a monster yet - looking for a cheap M600, preferably not too modded, not necessarily working well or cosmetically perfect (I need something for use and some abuse :).

I also had a question: is there an easy way (without taking things apart) to tell if it is
the injected or carb version? I know they changed over in 2000...

Cheers (and happy Christmas!)

Alex.
Old 18-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #2
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
600 runs untill 2001 and has a rear suspension hoop (and carbs) 620 is 2002 onward and has a tie-rod next to the shock (and injectors) Basically if it's a 600 it has carbs, if it's a 620 it has EFI.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
amw

Thanks - that's the kind of foolproof information a fool like me needs! I wasn't sure if the M600 was all carb or not, that answers my question.
Old 18-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #4
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
You may not find much between the carb and injection models in terms of performance. My carbed 750 feels just as quick as my previous injected 750.
There is more to fail though but the IE's seem to be pretty reliable so age kinda tells against the carbies. Still worth looking at both though