UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » MCE Insurance / Wicked Quotes Insurance

Old 25-08-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
steeevvvooo

Bike: M1100evo
MCE Insurance / Wicked Quotes Insurance

The docs I received had an incorrect claim amount (£220 instead of £2200). They say that I input it incorrectly online, and that the amount was not clarified on the call I made to accept the quote (even though I was on for about 15 mins going through everything in detail). MCE wanted another £140 to amend!!

So, I tried a quote with a claim value of £220, and one with £2200 using tesco compare to see the difference... and guess what...

Looks like there is another company, Wicked Quotes, who didn't quote me 2 weeks ago, but are now £280 cheaper than MCE. They have a Muscle bike special, which is seems my S2R qualifies for!!

I would never have searched again if they hadn't have asked for more money! What a result!!!
steeevvvooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 11:28 AM   #2
aceg3905

same issue with MCE, when i took out my policy I asked for business use, not just communiting. Went over and over it with them on the phone. When my docs arrived no mention of business insurance just commuting, rang them up and was told I never asked for that and the premium would be X, with the following charges to change the policy, asked to speak to a manager and was told no-one was there but they would ring me. I'm still waiting that was nearly 10months ago, as you can tell decided not to change it and havent used it for business but when its time to renew I wont be using them again