UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Ducati Rescue

Old 14-08-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
turbohobbit

Ducati Rescue

I was just wondering if anyone had had any experiences with Ducati Rescue Roadside Assistance that comes free with the bike. My RAC cover is up for renewal next month and I'm debating binning it in favour of just having DRRA. Good thing or foolhardy?
Old 14-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbohobbit View Post
I was just wondering if anyone had had any experiences with Ducati Rescue Roadside Assistance that comes free with the bike. My RAC cover is up for renewal next month and I'm debating binning it in favour of just having DRRA. Good thing or foolhardy?

Find out who they use. I ditched my AA cover when I insured with Carol Nash because it turns out they use AA. Ducati probably do the same or use RAC. If they don't and they use one of the smaller ones you might want to consider keeping your RAC.
Old 15-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #3
SunEye

Bike: Other Ducati
I've used the Ducati Roadside Asistance that came with my bike when I crashed in France last year (100% my fault). They arranged for a local recovery firm to pick up the bike (and me). They took us to their depot (less than 1km away) and the next day they took the bike to the nearest Ducati dealer (about 2km away) who had a look at it and decided it couldn't be fixed quickly. So Ducati Roadside Assistance arranged for the bike to be transported back to the UK to a bike garage of my choice. The only cost to me was that I had to get a train back to the UK, but that probably cost less than the fuel I would have used if I had been riding my bike around Limoges for another few days.
SunEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #4
turbohobbit

Thanks guys, I'll have a look at who they use, but that report is very encouraging SunEye.
Old 16-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #5
simontt

I called them twice in the past and each time the call centre did not recognise my credentials, it turns out there are separate team dealing with cars and bikes and not all of the staff have this knowledge, took them a couple of hours each time to plug this knowledge gap, on both occasions I just used RAC instead.