UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » For Sale » Red M695 - 2006, 7k miles, MOT and Tax

Old 16-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
Wildman

Red M695 - 2006, 7k miles, MOT and Tax

*********SOLD**********

How do folks,

Due to serious lack of use I am thinking of selling my beautiful monster
I'm actually not enjoying typing this...

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with what its worth? Its done 7000 miles, had a recent belt service by Ducati John, its had a new battery last year, new tyre last year and had an MOT in February I think. Cosmetically it is very good, only a small mark on the seat (see pics). Its got a few carbon bits on it and bar end mirrors. It was purchased from Ducati Manchester, and then after that someone part ex'd it for a BMW at Southport BMW. A solider then bought it and it sat unused for ages. He then put it on ebay and a guy in Penrith bought it, then he part ex'd it for another bike from a super bike shop in Carlisle. The last owner bought it from the bike shop in Carlisle and it went to go and live near Workington, the owner then died and a family friend put it on ebay, which is where I purchased it with no MOT.

After having strange running problems and trawling the web for months I discovered the fat Duc 02 manipulator... after fitting this the bike runs like an absolute dream. After reading up on the engines they are set to run very lean at low revs and due to the closed loop system it is hard to map them out, so I thought I would gamble on the Fat Duc, its the best thing I ever did and transformed the bike.

Its got the dealer owners manual and red ket etc and I will throw in a red paddock stand and all the standard bits that came off it.

£2850

Last edited by Wildman; 04-08-2012 at 06:23 AM..
Old 16-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
Wildman

Old 16-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
urbanfireblade

Wow, that looks lovely. Are you sure u wanna sell it?
Old 16-07-2012, 07:36 PM   #4
Wildman

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanfireblade View Post
Wow, that looks lovely. Are you sure u wanna sell it?
Thanks, I am sure I don't 'want' to sell it , but I have too many toys and this is the least used one. I will return to bikes when I have moved house and got my own garage.
Old 16-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #5
simon_g

Bike: M695
Tough to value as there aren't that many about. I paid £3k for mine nearly 3 years ago, with fresh belts and 5000 miles on it. I guess that was a bit of a bargain as I've not seen one advertised at that price since. All the ads now seem to start at 3500, although there are some absurdly low mileage ones amongst them.

Looks in really good nick so I guess it's down to how urgently you want to sell - a few hundred could mean the difference between a sale this weekend or a load of tyre kickers and it still being in your garage this winter...

Good call on the manipulator, I've got similar behaviour on mine and that sounds like it would do the trick. Do you have to order direct from FatDuc in the US?
simon_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #6
Wildman

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_g View Post
Tough to value as there aren't that many about. I paid £3k for mine nearly 3 years ago, with fresh belts and 5000 miles on it. I guess that was a bit of a bargain as I've not seen one advertised at that price since. All the ads now seem to start at 3500, although there are some absurdly low mileage ones amongst them.

Looks in really good nick so I guess it's down to how urgently you want to sell - a few hundred could mean the difference between a sale this weekend or a load of tyre kickers and it still being in your garage this winter...

Good call on the manipulator, I've got similar behaviour on mine and that sounds like it would do the trick. Do you have to order direct from FatDuc in the US?
Cheers Simon, I was thinking around £3k to be honest.

I bought the Fat Duc direct from the USA and it came in less than a week, if yours behaves like that then you need one! The other option was Ducati told me to upgrade to a Ducati Performance ECU and Termi exhausts... I didn't fancy spending over £1k on it when it shouldn't have run like that in the first place!
Old 21-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #7
Dookbob

What's with this Fat Duke manipulater thingy???
Old 22-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #8
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Website link here http://www.fatduc.com/

It's been a popular fix for lean running Lambda/EFI monsters on American Ducati forums
Old 22-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #9
simon_g

Bike: M695
I've got one on order, will write up once it arrives.

It seems to be a problem with plenty of bikes these days, they have to meet various emissions regs and the easy way to do that is make them run (too) lean at lower RPMs, right where the tests are done. The ECU controls this via an O2 sensor in the exhaust - the manipulator just changes the value that is being sent, hence the ECU delivers a richer mixture. The ECU only looks at the O2 sensor readings at low RPMs - the race ECU that comes with Termis apparently ignores the O2 sensor altogether.

Power Commanders do the same (plus a load of other functions) to get a similar result.
simon_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #10
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Looks like we might have a few weeks of summer so maybe a good time to sell. All you can do is look at what the general going price is, always seems a bit variable with monsters though.

I initially though the 'fat duke manipulator' might be something to do with riders that ate too many pies, might even be if it peps up the bottom end power!
Old 30-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #11
Wildman

Bump, reduced to £2850
Old 04-08-2012, 06:22 AM   #12
Wildman

Well... My Italian mistress has gone, I was gutted to watch her go, but she has gone to a good home and someone on here! I hope to have another one day but I've got too many other toys at the moment.

Jess, if you are reading this, please look after her and keep in touch!

Tom
Old 04-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #13
bluep

Unfortunately Tom's sense of loss is perfectly balanced by my joy! Fantastic ride from Halifax through the Peaks home this morning (I did keep an eye out in Glossip for a certain Evo...).

Brilliant bike, top condition and a joy to ride now I am getting used to it. Will definately take care of it and will keep in touch Tom.