UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » For Sale » FOR SALE: Monster 750 with 1500 miles on the clock

Old 16-03-2009, 08:05 AM   #1
Johnny_E

FOR SALE: Monster 750 with 1500 miles on the clock

--- Sold ---

Last edited by Johnny_E; 19-03-2009 at 01:18 PM..
Old 16-03-2009, 08:40 AM   #2
LouSCannon
These must fit a Monster?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
What an excellent bike, hope it finds a good home!
Old 16-03-2009, 08:58 AM   #3
Johnny_E

So do I ! It was worked on by an experienced Ducati mechanic. If a nut or bolt wasn't as new, he ordered it off Hacketts. I'd hoped to keep this bike a very long time, but my old hand injury has flared up and is changing my plans for me! I MOT'd the bike 3 weeks ago and was on pain killers for 10 days... so have no choice I'm afraid. Its my right hand - and I get numbness in my fingers. Just aint safe for me any more.
Old 16-03-2009, 01:36 PM   #4
davkyt

Hi
What year is this?
Cheers
Dave
Old 16-03-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
Hypermonkey

Lovely bike.

I'll keep an eye on this as I'm battleing with the assessors atm over price...this could be the next Monkeymobile

There isn't any import tax, fees for registration etc that has to be paid on bringing it back into the UK is there?
Old 16-03-2009, 07:21 PM   #6
Johnny_E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermonkey View Post
There isn't any import tax, fees for registration etc that has to be paid on bringing it back into the UK is there?
No - none at all. Northern Ireland is part of the UK, same as Wales and Scotland. However, our vehicle tax agency isnt on the UK database (Swindon isnt it?), so on buying this bike, you'd have to fill out a V55 vehicle import form. It happens all the time. I bought 2 cars from England/Scotland and sold one back to Coventry.

Our MOT is acceptable on the mainland too, so no mot till March 2010!

John
Old 16-03-2009, 08:40 PM   #7
mazydog

That's a nice bike, i have just bought a 750ie today on an 03 plate, i would have had a deal with you. I will give a mate at work a shout tomorrow he is looking for a Ducati.
Old 17-03-2009, 09:27 AM   #8
Johnny_E

In answering some questions I have found out some facts that absolutely verify this low mileage of 1500.

The bike was 1st registered on 22-5-02 and the Cat D (as per HPI datacheck which I have) was recorded on 5-12-02. Allowing for recovery time and processing by the insurers, this bike must have only been ridden for 2-3 months!

My mechanic has worked around Ducatis for many years and says its hardly broken in. Still on its original tyres - with the moulding stipples not yet work on the front!!

Johnny