UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello UK - Stockholm here...

Old 17-06-2008, 11:25 AM   #1
Swede-Andy

Smile Hello UK - Stockholm here...

Hi all,

Greetings from Stockholm Sweden where I live part time (great roads in summer with very little traffic). I have two Monsters currently, one in the garage in the UK (600 Dark from 2001) and an S4 (grey) here in Stockholm which I had great fun riding over last year via France - Belgium - Holland - Germany - Denmark.

I've not had much time to learn mechanics beyond the basics but have been riding bikes since I was 18 and never had a car.

I'd like to get a little help/advice in the forums regarding a few little problems with the machines and potentially sell the 600 (dented tank after an off in Italy) as I no longer ride it at all now ( and it just molders in the garage (was working when it went in).

The S4 has started leaking fuel from under the hinge area of the tank - so far it's not bad, but will only get worse and the milage isn't great on the big beast anyway! If anyone knows where I can get hold of a metal tank for an '02 S4 (any colour) I'd be eternally grateful.

Cheers and hello again,
Andy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Andy-S4.jpg (32.0 KB, 35 views)
Old 17-06-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
Kato
Dismantled

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Welcome Andy, if it advice your after theres plenty of it here wanted or not.....if its a metal tank you have well your not alone they all do it at some point, I took mine of and got it tig welded around the seem, theres a thread on here somewhere that details silver soldering which seems to work well...

Kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 12:08 PM   #3
Kato
Dismantled

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Try This

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...=silver+solder

Kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2008, 12:57 PM   #4
Swede-Andy

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Top Man! You know, Kato, your welding ambush ploy...
I really congratulate you.
Now if I can just figure out if I can do it myself I'll be laughing.
)
Old 17-06-2008, 01:09 PM   #5
mad_turnips

welcome mate

if your only in Stockholm part time what do you do for a living been toying with the idea of moving out to somwhere round there in a couple of years depending on what work is available

Last edited by mad_turnips; 17-06-2008 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: cant spell
Old 17-06-2008, 01:40 PM   #6
Swede-Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_turnips View Post
welcome mate

if your only in Stockholm part time what do you do for a living been toying with the idea of moving out to somwhere round there in a couple of years depending on what work is available
Hi Scruffian, I work in computers (financial business IT dept) doing dull stuff so I can afford to party hard and ride my bike. There's good money to made here in the IT industry if you can bother to learn the language (the state does a fairly cruddy free course), and also in the building trade. I have a mate who works in construction and gets paid loads more than I do, but he's doing contract work and it's only really during the summer as winters here can be pretty severe. I now have a full time job here, so I only get back to blighty a few times a year
Nice here in summer though - great roads, good clubs and drinking dens especially if you're into rock/metal, and mustn't forget the nice looking ladies who all find us brits fascinating
Old 17-06-2008, 01:55 PM   #7
mad_turnips

construction you say hhmmmm sounds good i am almost and architect cost of living is pretty high from what iv seen in my travels to scandinavia is that a major problem and how are they with overseas workers?
Old 17-06-2008, 04:27 PM   #8
Swede-Andy

Cost of living in Sweden is comparable to London, although drinks in the evenings are more expensive. Norway is even more expensive still. Most housing outside of the major cities is pre-fab wooden stuff, but there are some nice builds around so there must be architects at work over here. Industrial and city development is ongoing in all of the big cities so if that's your thing then it's worth investigating. Find work through an agency like Poolia.se before you come if possible. Pay scales are not as high as London, about 20% less in fact depending on the industry, and taxes are similar when you take UK Nat.Ins into account, however the social security is great - if you're made redundant or the contract ends and you've been paying in to the scheme for a year or more from gainfull employment, then you get 80% of your salary until you can find work again. You get a standard of 5 - 6 weeks holiday immediately if working full time, and if you have children whilst here, you get 12 to 18 months paid parental leave which the couple can divide between them.
The attitude to overseas workers is fairly reasonable, although Skandinavia is generally quite racist, as Britain is in some places, so if you're not european, it can be more difficult getting good work. Having said that it is more in the rural areas where such biggotry prevails, and there are large populations of Turkish, Greek, Polish and Arabic people in the cities.

Last edited by Swede-Andy; 17-06-2008 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: Forgot about attitude...
Old 17-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #9
neilbaldry

why is it everywhere else seems like such a better place to be when it comes to the average taxpaying british citizen?!
Old 17-06-2008, 06:09 PM   #10
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Possibly cos they are Neil, just full of 'johny foreigner' and speak english in a strange way.

Pip pip time for tiffin

Tags
fuel tank, s4 2002, sweden