UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Cans, Tyres, Brakes, etc. » 07 S2R fuelling/tuning options

Old 15-06-2018, 10:10 AM   #1
rac3r

07 S2R fuelling/tuning options

If I'm correct the 2007 EU S2R 800 added O2 sensors? There's no power commander listed for this year so what are the options?

How far can you go on mods before the need to do some tuning in terms of full system and airbox
Old 15-06-2018, 12:07 PM   #2
stopintime

Bike: S2r
The 2007 had a sensor, but the Termignoni filter, slip ons and ECU kit deleted it. Later cat delete works fine with that kit. I hear people talk about flashing the stock ECU to Ducati Performance specs and it should be pretty straight forward. This adds 2-3 hp and 6-7-8 Nm and makes it run smoothly and without the famous lean + hot condition. Not much, if any, point in adding a PCIII then.

... and YES, it's worth it
stopintime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 01:44 PM   #3
rac3r

The bike I'm about to get has the Termi slip ons so if I add the cat delete option an ECU flash is the way to go? Where could I get this done?

Also I've seen Tuneboy do something for the S2R, I wonder how this compares
Old 15-06-2018, 01:51 PM   #4
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I believe Neil at Cornerspeed can reflash standard DP maps on your ECU and also does Rexxer maps too. No idea on cost though, but I think its reasonable and can be done by post.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 02:18 PM   #5
rac3r

Sounds good!

Is the ECU part of the clocks on these? Unless I remembered wrong
Old 15-06-2018, 02:28 PM   #6
stopintime

If the (soon to be yours) slip ons were bought new and from a dealer, they included a Ducati Performance 'Race' ECU and an open air box lid. If there is no documentation about this, it's likely not done right (ebay stuff, stolen, bike/exhaust sold repeatedly , ....). Could be ok, but if it's not documented it's not possible to trust the seller about anything about the bike.
Old 15-06-2018, 02:32 PM   #7
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

No, next to the battery under the tank. Well on mine it is. The clocks have the immobilizer in.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 03:15 PM   #8
rac3r

I'll check both things, thanks guys

So were all Termi slip ons sold with the air filter and ECU or only certain part numbers? And how do I know if it's a DP ECU? (I'm guessing part number or it says DP on it?)
Old 15-06-2018, 04:20 PM   #9
stopintime

I haven't been able to figure out the part numbers, stickers or any other identification. I think Ducati only sold full kits for the S2R 800, but there's a small chance I'm mistaken.

Properly installed, there will be no sensor. On other bikes the sensor will be there, but disconnected.

It's just sad really, that people don't keep their paperwork and/or do things half way. In the end the new owner must assume that everything can be wrong and pay for it to be corrected. I would not be kind to such sellers.
Old 15-06-2018, 04:24 PM   #10
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

rac3r I have all the cables and will cehck if I can get a termi ECU map if I can then can just flash it for you no problem its a 15 min job

"I am Lucazade"
Saint aka ML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 04:31 PM   #11
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

If I cannot find your ECU MAP then I would find somebody whom has one rather then playing with custom maps for your bike. Your ECU is easily amendable so if I was to spend money it would be on Dyno time and direct flash to ECU

"I am Lucazade"
Saint aka ML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 04:38 PM   #12
rac3r

Thanks Saint, once I have the bike with me I can take a proper look and see what I have. From the pictures the O2 sensor is definitely still there.

Reading online it seems there were various Termi packages, one has only the cans and ECU which is what I think mine is. I may opt to go for the Spark decat and dual side by side system at some point but not sure yet