UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello from Hampshire

Old 02-07-2014, 09:41 PM   #1
Dimesy

Hello from Hampshire

Looking to get back on a monster as my 900 went under post office van in 1996. The wife has sort of agreed that I can get one. Looking for old style 1997-2003. All I can see about is 600's not too bothered about speed just want to pop about at first before I can convince her to buy a newer monster. I'm 5'11" would a 600 be to small for me?? As have been told it would be. Love the site, thanks in advance for any advice..
Old 03-07-2014, 07:25 AM   #2
CrazyDuck

Hi Dimesy, I have a '99 Monster, I'm a fair bit shorter than you and mine was lowered before I got her, she is just the right height for me so I'm sure you will be ok on one that isnt lowered.

Quack
Old 03-07-2014, 05:32 PM   #3
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Hello Dimesy and welcome.

I think that all the "M"series have the same rolling chassis regardless of engine size, so if your 900 was comfortable for you then a 600 should be the same.

You may already know that the ride hieght can be adjusted to a degree, by winding the rose joints on the rear hoop, in or out. If that does not give enough hieght then you can add ride hieght extenders.
The forks can be moved in the yokes to balance things at the front.
If you adjust only one end the steering characteristics will be changed

The trouble is that as you raise it, the side stand has further to reach the ground, and so the bike can take on a very worrying lean if you over do it..!!

Hope you get the bike you want soon..Remember forgiveness is easier to get than permission..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:08 PM   #4
Dimesy

excellent advice ... thanks so much..
Old 03-07-2014, 08:09 PM   #5
Dimesy

Thanks for reply .. really appreciate it