UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » Rolling refresh - gauze screen help!

Old Today, 04:32 PM   #1
yellowfever
Bronze Member

Bike: S2r 1000
So I got my 14mm Allen bit socket from Amazon and refitted the pick up filter mesh screen to the correct torque after cleaning it in petrol as per manual and picking a few bits of detritus out with plastic tweezers. It was actually very clean, just some tiny (non magnetic) metal specks and a couple of small threads of grey gasket sealant.

Pick up filter cap refitted with new alu washer and the LCD temperature sensor cleaned up and refitted to the cap with a new copper washer and loctite 510 as per the manual (or at least what the manual suggests given it seems to have an error in listing the temp sensor thread and diameter).

Reconnecting the LCD temp sensor wire is tricky as the rubber boot is unyieldingly solid after all these years. It had already made it a pain to clean up the spade receptacle connector within the boot. The boots are not listed in the official parts diagrams, so I tried various concoctions to soften it, but none of them made much difference. I had noticed it had some letters and numbers embossed on it. Some internet research later and you can get replacements from Ariete who originally made it. One email later and they came back the next day with a stockist to order from in cc who also responded immediately. To make the postage more worthwhile I also got the boot for the starter motor positive cable which they are also the OE maker for. Will come in handy when it comes time to fit the upgraded starter cable I’ve got.

If anyone is interested:

https://www.ariete.com/spare-parts-by-category/

And the stockist (excellent but in Germany so there may be more cost effective options for the UK)

https://www.thekingofpiston.com/prod...b53949d9&_ss=r
yellowfever is online now   Reply With Quote