UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Fuels & Oils » Early M600 and E10 fuel

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-06-2024, 01:59 PM   #11
motomartin11

Bike: M750
My M750 has always had similar small throttle opening issues and despite many attempts I've never been able to cure it.
It loves rolling up and down hills, in and out of bends but try to commute or even maintain 30-40 mph in traffic ( which is most roads around where I live) and it's a chore.
I'm gradually replacing the fuel hoses and am shortly going to try changing the pilot jets.
Recently its been sooting up the plugs. Yesterday I took it out for a blast and thought the plugs had fouled again but I persevered and as soon as I got out of town it ran very well but then played up again when I hit traffic on the way back.
I always use super-unleaded fuel and have tried Esso and BP but this seems to make no difference.
Similar to your 600 my low fuel level sensor had never worked and in fact the wiring seemed to have been removed. My mate repaired mine by fitting a used unit and wiring it in separately . I agree it's a pain without it as mine does about 45 mpg and after about 90 miles I had to start looking for fuel just in case.
motomartin11 is offline   Reply With Quote