Thread: radiator s4
View Single Post
Old 21-12-2020, 09:09 PM   #8
spuggy

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
I expect the ST4 rad will fit but it won't have the 4 threaded holes for the rad guards of the S4/S4R.
I suspect this is what I have; the rad kind of fits - but no screw bosses for the heat shield. It's also alloy instead of painted black. Biggest issue is that the mounts don't appear to quite line up, so there's a little creative "that'll hold it" on one of them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
There is a place in Australia selling replica rads for reasonable money. I'm just looking for the link for you.
They're actually in Hong Kong, but the listings show up on Oz Ebay (and in Oz dollars), for some reason.

Think this was the one you forwarded me, try this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUCATI-MO...72.m2749.l2649

I asked the seller about the lack of fan mount brackets on the S4 rads, and Alan responded within hours (with the time zone offset, likely as soon as he got to his desk) with an explanation in perfect English and photos of the original to illustrate.

I ordered one; I have a tracking #, and wasn't holding my breath. But I just checked it; the ****ing idiots at Parcel Farce have had it for a week "awaiting payment of customs charges". Which, of course, they've never asked me for.

Most of them are fine, but they've got some real mouth-breathing dolts sprinkled in there as well...
spuggy is offline   Reply With Quote