View Single Post
Old 24-04-2020, 10:23 PM   #5
ngavin2001

Hi thanks for the replys. I am using a fuel cell suspended above the bike. Vaccum ports are either connected to balancing guages or blocked off with caps the result is the same either way. It's only when I spray between the head and cylinder with a pipe attached to the nozzle of the carb cleaner to get down there. If I sprayed directly onto the manifolds or carbs it didn't affect it. Yes a cracked head is a possibility. I have removed both cylinder and pistons and the front piston is in bad shape only on the intake side of the piston although the bore and rings are just in tolerance. It's very strange. It defenitly needs replacing. The rear or vertical piston and cylinder are fine. I have sourced a new piston and I will replace the rings on the vertical piston to keep them equal. I will lap everything in and refit everything and see where it takes me. Good call on the crack detection spray thanks. I filled the manifold up with petrol while the head was off and it held just fine but that was cold obviously. I think I should get it pressure tested maybe.