View Single Post
Old 22-05-2022, 04:01 PM   #8
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Sorry for my late input into this. It has come as no surprise to me and I’m pleased for Rob that he has finally come to this decision.

I am however surprised to actually hear the full extent of his injuries and have to admire his down playing this over the three awful years. I know it’s been bloody hard and I get the impression that all the “get well soons” have worn a bit thin, even though of course we all want to extend sympathies and best wishes… My apologies for mentioning a thumb brake some time ago!.

As to the future of the club; I think the most important thing is this forum in more or less its present quaint form. Granted it could be easier to post pictures, although that’s not really a big deal. I do understand there are some deeper operating issues behind the curtains, which it would be really good to resolve without changing the forum superficially.

To this end I believe that part of the new management definitely needs to be a committed and competent IT person or persons, who can look after the forum.

Probably the most contentious issue is the required name change to comply with DOC.
I personally do not want to see the name changed. I like the name and I like the logo.

Neither do I see the point of staying with DOC, especially in the light of their dictations.
I only signed up with DOC to get a free T-shirt and I have no other interest beyond that. The advantages for us members is limited to some cheap freebies once a year which are out of date by the time they arrive and as mentioned by others, a few dollars off certain items and events offered by Ducati. There is always the option of joining a DOC club to gain these discounts if it means anything to you. I say leave DOC.

Maybe it would be possible to have a referendum on that issue alone. (I believe there is a poll facility on the forum?)

My concern with leaving DOC would be the funding for the forum, I’m not sure how that is done and whether or not leaving DOC would impact that. I don’t think we want a subscription? Although I probably wouldn’t object personally. As Rob mentions this would imply the need for a treasurer.

I’ve been the Norfolk rep for about 8 years I think and have been involved with a number of club events on a national scale. I love this club and my Monster. It would be great to be involved in running the club in some way, but in my case definitely as part of a team of enthusiasts not just the DOC designated officers, but all who would pitch in and help, maybe even with occasional physical committee meetings? Although we can do that online these days.
I’m not getting involved if DOC is… Just sayin’..

One little thing; Haven’t Grumpy and JP been VP in the time since 2010?

Here’s hoping for some meaningful discussion about this