View Single Post
Old 19-02-2019, 05:23 PM   #199
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
Sorry Jerry I was going to post more details of the bulb but had to check out the insides of the old eyelids.!

It's this one. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-4-Side...72.m2749.l2649 You can put one in your bike and give the other to a mate.

As mentioned it is wired in the red box so that the dip is on all the time and the main is switched. That might account for the full spread of light. I wanted to try this out anyway by jiggering with the wiring on the bike, but now I don't need to.

There are loads of these H4 LEDs on ebay, nearly a matter of putting a pin in the page, as it's a bit of a minefield.

Thanks for that Mr Gazza. that's most useful. I notice they are out of stock and looking at most of the others of similar type they all have a much deeper heatsink so maybe they won't fit if it's tight with those ones? I plan on putting one of these in my standard unit if I get issues with the HID in the MOT then will most likely upgrade to the Cibie that seems a popular choice with one of your adapters when funds allow.

That's some heatsink, I take it these get very hot in use?

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote