View Single Post
Old 16-11-2019, 05:38 PM   #1028
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Today I made the two channel brackets for the end of the rear fly-screen mount and decided to fix the front of the fly-screen by making some prongs to fit in the front of the headlamp bracket spigots.
(12mm aluminium bar turned down to 10.5mm to fit inside the headlamp bracket spigots for 45mm and then turned again for 8mm down to 6mm for a nut to hold the prong to a steel bracket, drilled 5mm for lightness for 30mm along the prong axis with a lead also filed on the front face)
I shall now have to make a steel bracket to hold them in the right place and correct distance apart and at the right angle projecting rearwards from the fly-screen. The inside of the fly-screen is double curvature with varying radii varying between 100 and 300 mm, there is a potential clash with the headlamp bezel which has its own double curvature (shell diameter and forward curvature of the bezel). Once the bracket is fabricated I then must hold it in exactly the right place whilst I bond it into the fly-screen shell. It should be a piece of cake (???)
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote