View Single Post
Old 14-07-2020, 02:50 PM   #18
spuggy

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveR View Post
Great post, it's a pity I hadn't taken on board the difference between shunt & series RRs before I got my replacement. At least I had understood about all the fakes about & got a s/h genuine SH020
I've not seen anyone here complain that the Monster burnt out the stator (which is where the shunts get rid of the excess current - right back into the windings, heating them up).

The GSX guys were apparently re-winding or replacing stators every couple of years - or burning up their wiring/connectors.

You have the link cable. If you decide to go for a Series RR later, most of them are a direct replacement for the FET shunts (although the SH847 is massive).

The suffix on the Shindengen part # indicates the connector; the "A" denotes that Furuwaka connector, so a "AA" indicates one that plugs straight into the link cable - these seem the most plentiful/cheap anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveR View Post
I was able to get it in the original position with a bracket I made up, maybe the seat on an S4R is a little different. However the cables take a very tortured route & with all the heat they generate, I might look at repositioning underneath as yours.
Dave
I think that bracket would have worked on the S4 as well (tight though - eh?).

I did consider it, but decided putting it in free air just seemed like a good idea.

There's plenty of slack in the cables where it ended up, easy to get at/undo the connectors etc.

Plus I didn't have materials/tools etc available to make a bracket - but it was straightforward to order a couple of bolts/washers/nuts etc and borrow a drill with a M6 bit
spuggy is offline   Reply With Quote