View Single Post
Old 29-03-2017, 04:38 PM   #8
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Welcome along and as others have said hope the treatment goes well. I have a classic early one restoring it slowly but other than the latest model have had aircooled and a watercooled too.. If I am honest the best one all round was the 1100s power and rideability and sold my s4 to get it. Comfort wise its ok but can be awkward on the gonads because the seat is more steep but not to the point of really annoying and may depend on build tbh. Now I sold that for a change of direction of a Ducati scrambler which is fun and able but am as I say restoring a 93 L reg m900 nut and bolt but even when I purchased it trying to get it on a trailer I thought to myself whoa this is heavy awkward and not as agile as the beast I sold. I may live to regret that come riding it but I restore things with a passion and love of the vehicle for what it is.
What im trying to say is don't just buy with a view of what I think I want. Try all and then let your heart decide as often older is good but new is lighter faster quicker brakes and sometimes more reliable hopefully. Power is not everything but a smile on your face is what your really after day after day.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote