View Single Post
Old 26-05-2022, 09:43 AM   #28
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza
Thanks for the update Rob , and clearing one or two things up.

I think I now understand how the DOC affiliation effects the way advertising is sold for the forum. Obviously they would only want the company's interests promoted.
You say that leaving DOC would open the options to seek advertising from independents and so forth, I wonder if DUK and authorised dealers would be prohibited by Ducati from sponsoring the forum after we left? The situation with Moto Rapido might change too as far as UKMOC was concerned regarding discount and their ability to advertise on the forum?
(They are and would remain my favourite dealer anyway.)
Would you be prepared to say on here how much the forum costs to run per annum?
Currently we pay under £600/year for hosting.

As I've already said: Pedro and I have taken care of all the forum support since 2007, so no costs there although that might change depending on who takes over. We have a few other ancilliary costs such as domain name registration which so far has been taken care of through small profits over the years on t-shirts, stickers and slight overpayment of postage for the DOC trinkets (I just rounded up to make sure I wasn't going to money to people who don't understand paypal fees, many people overpay a bit to support the forum anyway) As I said earlier, I'm piecing together all the receipts still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza
There does seem to be overwhelming support for leaving DOC at the moment and I think that is what is going to happen. Even so it would seem that we need at least a caretaker committee of the DOC required officers until the current affiliation expires.
I for one would not want to stand for President under their guidelines (or rules?) Particularly the one about the President having legal responsibility.. That's just way too heavy! Clubs usually protect themselves from that sort of bs with larger committees, insurance and legal advice paid for from subscriptions.

Is there a date of expiry for the current affiliation?
Ducati UK is a direct subsiduary of Ducati Motor Holding, so yes! and we're currently tied to that until 23:59 31/12/22. I thought I'd made the need for a caretaker committee abundantly clear in the OP? All the bureaucracy makes no legal difference, the CEO is sill responsible under Italian law, remember Frank Williams going to court over Ayrton Senna's death at Monza?

cont ...
slob is offline   Reply With Quote