View Single Post
Old 25-04-2017, 01:20 AM   #14
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip View Post
No, as I said my '97 900 was rollers from new- I think they changed to balls on the later bikes as they are cheaper (?) along with the change to the ST type frame from the 888 derived one of the earlier bikes.
A & R Racing do list them specifically for your year 2000 750 but list them with the same part number as my '97 900.
What type frame has yours got Jeff?
Mine has a hoop-type frame.
Tbh I was discounting there being any differences at the headstock between it and the later, tie-rod type of frame but now I'm not so sure.
And yes, the All Balls listings for either your 900 and specifically my 2000 750 .. part no 1062 .. look to be the ones I need.
..and 1039 for the later, tie-rod frames perhaps ? .. which are possibly the same as the ones I listed originally, possibly oversize, and probably wrong for my frame.

So I guess that answers my original question well enough, ie the bearings listed for the later 750 will not necessarily fit my frame .. which is enough warning to avoid them.

At first I was put off by the "All Balls" name, tbh.
It sounded a bit "mickey mouse" to me.
But reading their blurb, I think I might have been judging them unfairly.
The seals look the same though, so I'm not sure whether to anticipate issues there.
I assume you had no such issues then, Flip ?
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote