View Single Post
Old 28-06-2021, 05:53 PM   #217
Moco1961

Trophy pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
Great pics, loads of great bikes too and that is some hotel for sure. Any close up pics of the trophys Gazza made? I forgot about Ravenglass and always fancied doing that. I will try to next time I'm up that way.
So, after weekender 2019 and the passing of Buzzbomb.Barbera,Geoffs widow, asked if any of the parts Geoff had stored in his garage would be of any use. As we know he was a serial “fettler” and modified his bikes…..because he wanted them to look/ perform better.

Some parts you may recall I advertised on here but a random collection were kept with the idea of incorporating into trophies. Fast forward a few months and Gaza arranged a visit to the British motorcycle museum ,as fate would have it the date of the visit coincided with midlands monsoon season and a flooded car park at the event resulted in us gathering in a nearby pub to discuss……trophies.

I laid the bits out on a table ( this was in the pre COVID days )…. And what followed was an amusing half hour of a number of grown ups behaving like they just opened a jigsaw puzzle on Christmas Day. Eventually we collectively decided what could be used and Mr G had the “artistic licence” to transform the ideas into reality.

Additional items were sourced for the Buzzbomb trophy itself as we had a specific look in mind, Slob and Luddite both donated shield badges and Slob sourced the carbon handlebar.

Gaz had an idea at the back of his mind about a plaque in the centre of the trophy, I had always wanted to ask Chris from Desmoworld if he would like to contribute as Geoff had a great relationship with them…..the plan was nearly complete. I got in touch with Chris who was honoured to make the 50mm x 50 mm red anodised plaque and provide the four matching handlebar bolts. The story is not quite over, following Brexit Chris ( desmoworld)doesn’t export to GB other than to chosen customers, one of which was in Leigh.Arrangements we’re made to send the trophy parts with other kit, the goods landed in Liverpool…..it took a WEEK to get the customs paperwork sorted…..Chris( our Chris) collected the parts on THURSDAY NIGHT on his way home, on the eve of the Weekender!

Phew……Gaz did the rest when he got to the hotel.

I hope you agree he has done an amazing job and deserves all the credit I hope he receives when people see the end result……enjoy

3E61E77C-A604-4E81-A8D3-70510C6B4C6C by Mike OConnor, on Flickr

34149B67-2193-479F-9F0D-388553660877 by Mike OConnor, on Flickr