Thread: Classic Racing
View Single Post
Old 17-06-2015, 07:35 PM   #9
Flip

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Loving that forth picture with the N05 TZ of my all time racing hero Jarno Saarinen best racer ever IMO, Brands date in my calender thanks
Yep as Jeff says there is certainly something about that era of racing where technology and performance was just getting away from less talented riders meaning the stars really shone even if for some, it was not for as long as it should have been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
The Donington event has been on my calendar for quite a while.
One of the best biking days out of the year, in my view.

And just about every single bike has a part on it somewhere which looks like it was made by a bloke with a hacksaw and a file.
Two out of the three years I've ridden at the Classic Festival have been brilliant. Last year it poured with rain almost constantly and my bike had electrical gremlins but with the help of a couple of other racers I got it sorted only for the meeting to be cut short.
The best thing with it is there are always a few surprises on the entry list such as a Mr J Whitham on a Honda 125 (his sidekick Foggy was there for support), along with CRMC regulars Mike 'Spike' Edwards, Sean Emmett (before his troubles) and the likes of Maria Costello and Oli Linsdell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan s4 View Post
Tempted.......Glasgow to Donington is a 300 mile/4 hour jaunt.......there and back in the same day is doable
Do it!! It'll be a good run out for a great days racing- could always find a B&B or camp at the circuit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffy View Post
Hi Phil, I'll be there on the 4th, really looking forward to it. It was a great meeting last year.
Hi Chris, be good to catch up- are you going to parade the 2C at Brands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner View Post
Hi mate. I'm planning to head to Brands on the 5th unless the weather is rubbo. Do you reckon you would have time to unleash your breaker bar on my calliper pinch bolts?
Be good to see you there Doug, yes I'm sure we can scare the pinch bolts loose at some point- I'll make a note to pack the breaker bar!

Now I best go saw and file something to get ready for it- not long now, getting excited already!!