View Single Post
Old 07-01-2021, 05:00 PM   #7
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
I recall that playing about with exhaust options on a 620ie Desmodue race bike some years ago with a power commander tuning each cylinder individually on the dyno, when the exhaust crossover "crucifix"was modified to separate exhaust flow from individual cylinders to individual exhausts, a noticeable drop in torque was observed.
Yea, that figures and with that setup you might as well run an SV650 engine with drag pipes, as you've lost any subtle advantage the Desmo system, with it's much more accurate valve control would give you.

I might be wrong but I don't even think the PCIII has a separate map for each cylinder, there maybe an offset value which can be changed however. An efficient exhaust design that works with the Desmo system is more important and 2 crude straight through or 2 into 1 won't work as well I don't think.

I 'm assuming that Termi did a hell of a lot of the development work going back to Roche's 851 factory bike in early Superbike days, which allowed him to beat Honda V4's and bagged him the world title back then.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote