View Single Post
Old 13-09-2022, 11:06 PM   #1
Brian.

Bike: M750
Thinking of a Monster......

Good evening all,

My first post!

I'm here because I'm thinking of buying a Monster. Thought I might end up buying something else....!

I'm a member of the Vintage Motorcycle club, and for club runs I currently have a a 1979 Suzuki GS750.

Nothing wrong with it, to be honest I love it, but I am 70 years old and have to face up to the fact that it is simply getting to be just too heavy for me. Not only is it heavy, but it is also top-heavy and it's getting more difficult for me to move in & out of the garage and to manoeuvre when parking up etc. Hence my interest in perhaps buying an early (lighter & less top heavy!) Monster.

It would have to be an early one because to be eligable for (some, not all) our club runs it would have to be 25 years old, so I am thinking of one that is no newer that a 1998, taking into account that we are heading towards 2023.

I don't really mind if it's a 600, 750 or 900, though I have to say that I do have a tendency to lean towards a 750 because I (cover your ears) really do not appreciate the finer points of Ducati clutch rattle and I think I'm right in saying that the 750 has a nice quiet wet clutch. This is certainly not a deal breaker though, I'd consider either of the three.

I am fortunate it that I've had quite a wide selection of bikes in my life, and one those of was a 1995 Ducati 900SS.

The one I had was, from the outset, not the most trouble-free bike I've owned by any means; however I do remember it as being very light and brilliant fun to ride, which is why I am think of buying a Monster now.

So that is why I've registered on here, to listen and to learn. All suggestions, advice and opinions are very welcome!

Thanks for reading this,
Brian.
Brian. is offline   Reply With Quote