View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 06:15 PM   #26
buzzer

Bike: M900
well thanks to a member on the Ducati Custom manufactures group mentioning a case saver, I have now made one out of stainless steel and put it under the chain guard I have made. a bit of googling suggests that chain breakages, and subsequent case damage is all too common on some Ducati bikes! Plenty of case savers on the market and quite cheap, and a dam site cheaper than new cases!

Also made a start on the tank and seat... my wife is moaning about filler dust on her plants!! A trick I learned many years ago is that when you want to get filler to shape, make sharp edges so you can see the lines, then when you are satisfied they are right, sand them off! its much easier that way. its the best way to get something like a car wheel arch spot on… I know the seat will divide opinion… I could have made it any shape, and played around with quite a few shapes at the foam stage… but in the end I decided on this on, as I like it, and that’s all that matters at the end of the day, I build bikes for me!

buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote