View Single Post
Old 15-01-2024, 08:36 AM   #31
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
H
However, I would appear to be in need of a spacer on the right side of the axle. If I push the shoulder up to the wheel bearing to make everything tight, The right had end of the spindle disappears into the fork by about 8mm and then the sleeve nut bottoms out before it has reached the left leg face. An 8mm (approx) spacer on the right side would put it all right, by the looks.
Studying images of 1098 and other axles they seem to come with a large (30mm?) and small spacer, so it would seem to follow that's what I need.
I would of course be extremely grateful if anyone has an unwanted spare I could buy?
When I did the 1198 forks to 916 conversion, I ended up with various spacers surplus to my requirements.

Not certain which came from what model etc. but, assuming it's 25mm axle? I have 2 types of spacer; one type is 7.5mm thick and the other is 21mm thick, I think the 7.5 is the one you need (I believe that's what's in my axle but can't measure properly whilst it's fitted), the 21mm I have no idea of origin.

I've actually got 2 of the 7.5mm, you're more than welcome to one if it is of use to you.

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote