View Single Post
Old 14-03-2019, 03:59 PM   #18
Macflurry

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLATTOP View Post
When you get it all back together again if you have not changed the plates on a dry clutch before you may find you don’t get neutral easily stick with it once they bed in after a few miles they are fine.

This is what I experienced with mine I used Newfren plates from the guy who is in Lincoln on eBay.
Cool, thank you. These are Newfren plates so it’ll be interesting to see if they do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stafford View Post
Renew the seal, it goes in the of the shaft clutch end, they're about £1.76 or so.
Then check your clutch stack height, that's all the plates together. Having put in new platesyou may be oversize, hence the plate falling out of the basket. Aim for 38/38.5mm IIRC, to achieve this you may have to swap 1.5mm steels for 1mm steels.
New bearing and seal on order. Thanks for the tip with the plate size. When I looked at the gap between the pressure plate and the basket there was a good 5-10mm!! I’ll take a good look tomorrow when I have more daylight left. It was pretty crappy last night working by halogen lamp on the drive!!
Macflurry is offline   Reply With Quote