Thread: At Last
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 08:45 AM   #1
David695

Talking At Last

Hi Everyone

I first noticed Monsters around 2001, liking the "naked" look my thoughts turned to buying one until...... my wife said "you're not getting a bike called a Monster" I didn't expect this because she's never stopped me buying cars or boats so I assumed she was concerned about my safety!!

Sevenish years of quiet persistence and in May 2008 she said "If you really want one just get one" The next day I took her to the local dealer to show her one (I only planned on spending a couple of grand but this was a better way for her to see her first Monster than scanning the web). In the showroom was a new Black & Red 695, the salesman explained about the new model but the 695 was the look that first caught my eye back in 2001, I like the low upswept exhausts. The salesman explained he could do a deal but I knew it would be more than by £2,000 self imposed limit. "Just get it" said my wife "you've wanted one for a while and you won't need to spend time tarting this one up" Even though she was right (as usual), she had take me for lunch and persuade me to go back and do a deal with the salesman.

It's mine now , I've only done 1100 miles because I work away a lot but plan on putting more miles on it this summer, I've just ordered some bar risers and plan on adding a gloss black belly pan (any ideas?) and carbon side panels.

It was defo worth waiting for