View Single Post
Old 01-05-2023, 03:11 PM   #8
spuggy

Bike: M900sie
Thanks guys, lots of good suggestions. I did try opening the fuel cap after running, there was no tell-tale vaccuum release. None of my Monsters seem to have had an air-tight fuel cap, and pretty sure this one is no exception. Ran it with cap open anyway - no change.

Been thinking about this, on & off... Thinking I'll rig the fuel pump to run with the key on, and check the flow rate returning to the tank - that should show any obstruction end-to-end (and yield a direction for further diagnosis if anything is wrong)..

And back-probing the fuel pump connector and checking it actually is powered when the bike runs (obviously, you can't hear the pump over DP slip-ons) seems like a good idea - because narrowing down what isn't working right seems like it'd be useful...

Otherwise, I'll have a pressure tester soon. It's past time I fitted the QD fittings I bought yonks ago anyway - just haven't needed to take the tank off since. So I guess I'll start taking things off/apart and see if I can figure out where to go from there...
spuggy is offline   Reply With Quote