View Single Post
Old 29-01-2014, 05:31 PM   #4
Lowsider

For those in the north. Ducati Leeds will be running a trip.

This is the email I received with regards to it...
Big Italy Trip 2014

Here we go again!
This year sees the 10th anniversary of our annual Italy trip. From what then seemed on the first trip a large group of about 15 riders it has grown over the years to a maximum of 28 bikes and about 40 riders and passengers. The dates are we fly out on the 15th of July and come back on the 23rd. We will be staying in Urbino a stunning medieval hill town south west of San Marino. We have run many trips to Urbino in the past and know the area well, the rides are great, have a look on youtube for Sanscepolcro or viamaggio, and you will see what I mean.

Why Urbino this year?
Well it's World Ducati Week which is a giant festival of all things Ducati held on the weekend of July 18th - 20th at the Misano race circuit 40 minutes down the road from Urbino. Again have a quick look on the net for World Ducati Week, its pretty spectacular! We are within 45 minutes of the Adriatic resorts, if you want a quiet beach -don't go. And of course there is always a visit via the trusty Futa Pass to Bologna to the Ducati factory.

Other delights in the area.
San Marino, San Leo , Valentino Rossi's home town of Tavulia where at the local Caff you get a chocolate "46" in the froth of your Coffee. Also in the area is the Furlo gorge which is worth taking a look at, not least because of the very creepy room where Benito Mussolini used to meet his girlfriend.

Surely all this must cost thousands of pounds?
As per last year we are using Tony Barker to organise the logistics. His costs come out as follows.

1 Person with 1 bike
Single bike and + room B and B at the Meridiana hotel £925

2 persons 1 bike
Transport for 1 bike including luggage, double or twin room, B and B at the Meridiana £575 per person.

2 persons 2 bikes
Includes transport for 1 bike including luggage, double or twin room B and B £825 per person

We have organised a bus for 4 evenings to take us into Urbino and to the Saturday night Ducati party and this is included in Tony's prices. This year we will offer a new service to those who want an easier life, a bike pickup and delivery from home, so you don't need a day off work to get your bike to and from the Wythenshaw depot, call the shop and talk to Charlie or Paul for details.

01274 591017

Flights
All flights are of course on top of these costs. Flights are from Stanstead with our good friends Ryanair.

We need to know
As on previous trips it is on a first come basis, we know this trip should be another great experience, so please tell Paul or myself if you are on for this WDW trip as soon as poss. As although July seems a long way off we need to get numbers firmed up, flights booked and all that boring stuff.
Any questions just give me a call

Charlie.
01274 591620