View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 01:30 PM   #40
Flip

Bike: M900
The only slight downside is that the likes of Maxton are probably well booked up with the start of the race season looming fast but then again you could be weeks/months waiting for the right (or wrong) parts to turn up on eBay so that may be academic anyway.

From my own personal experience (sorry to repeat myself for those who have heard this many times), I experimented with various oil weights, air gaps and (limited) adjustments on my original Marzocchi forks without any real improvement.

I even tried a set of 888 Showa's for a short time which, although were much better, their fork top adjusters prevented me from getting a good handlebar/geometry set up that I liked and so sold them on and passed my originals to Maxton to fit their GP20 cartridge conversion.

A modification I now wish not only had I done straight away but also one I wish I had done years earlier.

A tailored, well set up and serviced suspension is probably one of the most overlooked and underestimated modification ever and yet one that gives the biggest rewards (at any speed) as it is something that can be 'felt' every time you go for a ride making them even more enjoyable.