View Single Post
Old 20-05-2020, 09:18 AM   #4
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Get some pictures that show where the hole is (general and specific location) how deep etc.
Get some pictures of the damage caused bay the hole.
Get invoices or similar for the cost.
If anyone witnessed the incident that would be helpful, but probably not.

Check which council your claiming against, on their website there should be a claims form. If not then contact them and request one, you should AFIK report the dangerous pothole at the time.

Fill in the form with whatever evidence is requested, that'll be your pictures and invoices as they won't pay for speculative estimated costs. Send it off.
They may try and fob you off and decline a fast payment. At which point repeat you need to make a FOI request on road inspection for that section of road to show that they were either negligent in not inspecting it with a reasonable frequency or knew the hole was there but didn't repair it within a reasonable timeframe.
Or use a no fee agency if you don't feel bloody minded enough to persevere.

I inherited an 'not getting away with that, ave the bassards' attitude from my father