View Single Post
Old 24-04-2021, 07:01 PM   #191
buzzer

Bike: M900
I don't think a couple of thou makes any difference in centralising the crank...

On another note I went into the garage the other day and there was a strong smell of petrol... I sniffed around both bikes and it was stronger near the monster... on close inspection it was the fuel line from the tank to the tap, which I had replaced with some tube off Ebay. It had gone soft an porous. Looking back through my purchases and saw I have bought from two different suppliers... One looks to be OK, and the other is DEFINITLY not petrol proof, even though it said it was... I have just replaced it.

this is what I hate about Ebay... two more examples, I bought 10 Sanvick hacksaw blades... they were rubbish, and clearly fake.

what has really annoyed me though is I ordered some 3M wrap for the faded "C" pillars on our Mercedes SLK... I paid well over the odds for what I thought was genuine 3M only to find it has warped and bubbled after a few months. I took a spare piece into a place that does car wrapping and he took one look and said "fake" and showed me some genuine stuff, which was substantially different. you never know with stuff off there!
buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote