View Single Post
Old 14-08-2019, 09:33 PM   #16
Flip

Bike: M900
......Part 2

Obviously with my Monster I was in a slightly different situation to you in as much as I had the horrible Marzocchi forks rather than the more 'up-gradable' Showas you have fitted.

On my forks one leg controlled rebound and the other compression and like many forks of this type they operate using a sealed (kind of) cartridge and so Maxton junk all that and replace the lot with a proper cartridge of their own design.

Over the years of Monster ownership I had tried lots of different things and the final thing before sending them off was to buy a pair of 888 forks to fit (from our very own Natty actually).

However, after talking to Richard at Maxton we decided the best route was to use my existing Marzocchi's, fit them with the basic (adjustable rebound only) GP20 conversions- and sell on the 888 units. They also re-anodised the outer tubes making them look like new again.

After getting them fitted, I was and still am over the Moon with them and wished I had done it years earlier.

Maxton's service was great- always happy to advise should you need it- they may not be the cheapest and I am sure many, many people have their own thoughts and preferences which I am sure work for them.

Ya pays your money and takes ya choice!