View Single Post
Old 19-12-2022, 03:08 PM   #24
dunf

Bike: M1200s
The missus and I are both total converts to heated gear. I ride Blood bikes through 4 seasons, where a shift is usually circa 250 miles and a 9 hour day. Plus the kit is great for our own bikes too. Its genuinely added months to the general biking season and we can stay out much longer when we do go out. My other half will still be using hers in June mind you.... and we are in Scotland!

All our gear is made by Keis and bought from Sportsbikeshop. We have the gloves (she has two different pairs), waistcoats (and she has an inner jacket), and heated insoles. We have the battery packs too, and also the wired connections.

All our bikes are fitted with Optimate leads, which we can plug the heated inlet into with a cheap conversion cable. The old ones without a 12v battery we just use the Keis packs. The gloves have their own separate controller, and we have additional controller switches for the waistcoat and insoles.

I've also used my kit for my work using the battery packs in a pocket. Even under overalls when tinkering in the shed in winter. The wife will use her waistcoat constantly when out and about in winter.

Honestly this kit is prob the best purchase i've ever made in 30 plus years of biking, and arguably the most performing enhancing one as well (since pinlocks came about anyway). Can't go well if you can't feel your hands (or see!). We went up to Oban in November when it was about 5 degrees along with a few other lads. Beautiful day other than brutally cold. No wind, all the lochs were flat as a mirror and reflecting the mountains in Autumn orange and brown. None of the other lads even noticed. All they could concentrate on was how cold and miserable they were.

If anyone is keen to get kitted out and is confused by the multitude of wiring and controller options etc then gives a shout and i'll tell you what we found works the best.
dunf is offline   Reply With Quote