Thread: Misfire
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2023, 09:35 AM   #50
motomartin11

Bike: M750
Quote:
Originally Posted by 900Rebuilder View Post
Hope you get the final niggles sorted out my friend as you certainly have been on a long journey with the bike.

The issues with the stock carbs including age, wear and the cost of parts made me invest in my flat-slide carbs (plus I wanted some!) as whilst expensive everything is new and hopefully better than before. I've already decided that when I can afford to get the gf a Monster it will be fuel injected and if I get similar tank related issues I'll invest in an aluminium one
Thanks.Just done another 15 miles before rain stopped play. Pulls like a train when on the open road but has always been a bit of a pig to ride in town which spoils things somewhat.I used to have an early FI Moto Guzzi which was very similar. I take your point about new vs old parts. Mine's running an after market air filter which I've been advised to change back to stock. In my time of ownership (3 years now I think) it's had 4 different silencers and is now running a stock pair of 620i cans. I'm sure the carbs will have been messed about with quite apart from the age related wear and tear. At least it's running well now apart from minor niggles.I wish I could run to a set of new carbs but I have too many toys and another bike which I'm just starting to rebuild/restore.
motomartin11 is offline   Reply With Quote