Thread: Clutch Drag…
View Single Post
Old 22-06-2023, 07:35 AM   #11
Leamreject

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
You shouldn't need the spacer on your 2006 model.
The spacer is to compensate for the shorter early push rods. Your pushrod could also have an "anti-rotation" pin which would certainly confirm it is the later longer type.
It wouldn't work at all with a short pushrod if the spacer was not present.

I'm curious as to what you mean by "lightly re-face the plates" and how you went about that.

It’s a little odd as I dismantled and rebuilt it in the same order, and with a medium dry emery rubbed each face a few times on a flat surface, nothing significant as you would if doing brakes. There isn’t much on them to start with so it was only very light.

It has a non standard billet clutch slave, but I didn’t remove it and when I pulled the rod out nothing obvious came out with it but I’m now getting clutch drag because the clutch won’t disengage fully even on full lever adjustment. If I’d have taken too much off I would have the opposite being clutch slip. It really appears as if it needs more movement.

I’m going to dismantle it again and see if anything obvious jumps out. One thing I did notice is that the plates had little tabs on them and I didn’t spot how they were positioned when I dismantled it. I refitted them in random positions.