View Single Post
Old 28-04-2008, 07:31 AM   #1
squiffything

Hyperwotsit first ride

Well I picked up my new toy on Saturday having met Anne (Singletrack) at Thorpe Park. She and Andrew had driven down to meet us at a halfway point and it seemed like a good opportunity to take the girls out for the day. HA they went on all the thrill rides and I mooched about in the sun waiting for hours while they queued up for all the rides knowing that the only ride I wanted to go on was sat outside in the parking lot just calling for me to jump on and go.
“Graham..............
Graham............
Come and get me...........”
It was torture the park didn’t close till six and we had met at 10 in the morning. Still the girls had a good day and I knew my time would come. I convinced Sarah that the best time to leave would be around 5pm so that we didn’t get caught up in the mass of people leaving at 6  Ok girls jump in the car we really need to get going (get in the car NOW I want to ride my new toy HURRY UP NOW!!!)
I started her up and rode over to where the car was parked. A short little bimble across the car park but enough to notice the difference in riding style to the monster. It has a clutch slave fitted and this was such a change to what I was used to, so light and smooth. The throttle was so responsive, a little twist and whoosh I was where I was going before I had realised I had left. It was immediately apparent that this bike was naughty and if I wasn’t careful would entice me into doing things that I really know I shouldn’t.