View Single Post
Old 09-04-2024, 04:20 PM   #9
Stinger101

Bike: M1200s
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawsue View Post
Looking for some comments on tyre choices for the Evo, last 2 changes have been Pirelli Stradas which have given decent mileages and grip. But I fancy a change and am looking at Metzler Roadtec Z6, Diablo Rosso 11 or Michelin Pilot Power. I try to avoid riding in the rain, but it is West of Scotland so you can get the odd shower….but longevity and grip are prerequisites. There are some decent “pairs” deals out there at the minute. Any info gratefully etc etc….
In their day the Diablo Z6's were excellent. Now they are a 3rd generation product from Pirelli and as such, are now made with cheaper ingredients. They won't be the same Z6's from a few years ago, despite looking the same and called the same.
Go for the Z8 or even better, the Roadtec 01 or even the brand new Roadtec 02. Fabulous tyres and current top spec items. Some of the 3 to 4 year old models from all of the premium manufacturers are far better than any of us on the road. They are still made with their original materials and offer fab bargains in most places.
Feel free to message me as I have 38 years in the tyre industry and I'm a total tyre nerd but I love them!
Stinger101 is offline   Reply With Quote