View Single Post
Old 24-10-2020, 07:34 PM   #36
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
Well, not really. That’s a bit like saying outside toilets were better because the process of using one was more involving. It’s not for any individual to say what other people should get out of owning a motorcycle.
That's a poor analogy but who is to say it isn't true in spirit. We enjoy all the trappings of 21st century life and health but I've no doubt there are things we have lost through progress that were rich, fulfilling and involving that we don't even know about. Not toilets though obviously, very poor.
As an individual I can have a view on it. I'm not preventing it or disrupting it. I've said the future is theirs and it's no longer my business. In My Opinion it's their loss. In 40 years time In Their Opinion it will be the next generations loss. Twas ever thus no doubt.
On the subject of the valves though, I honestly don't care. If Audi/Ducati think it's the right way to go then do it. I love the V4. I'm really talking about the Scrambler 'lifestyle' and the slew of modern 'retro looking' bikes that cater to a lifestyle way of thinking. "Grown the beard, rolled up my trousers, oh I know I'll get an old 'looking' bike"
Oh and I speak from the angle of someone who considers bikes to only be fun toys for going fast. Like a jetski but without the hassle of a trailer and some water. Again an opinion that millions who rely on them would disagree with.

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote